Today’s guest is Pat Brown, CEO & founder of Impossible Foods, a company at the forefront of making nutritious, delicious meat and dairy products from plants to satisfy meat lovers and address the environmental impact of animal farming. Founded in 2011, the Bay Area-based company has now raised a total of $687.5 million from a host of backers including Khosla Ventures, UBS, Bill Gates, Serena Williams and singer Katy Perry.
In this episode we discuss:
* Pat’s background as a chemist and the sabbatical that led him to founding Impossible Foods
* What the company does, how it goes to market, and progress to date
* Mission, long-term vision, and how it ties back to broader climate fight
* What else can be impactful on climate change beyond the work of Impossible Foods
* Pat’s advice to consumers on the best things they can do to help in the fight against climate change
I hope you enjoy the show!
You can find me on twitter @jjacobs22 or @mcjpod and email at email@example.com, where I encourage you to share your feedback on episodes and suggestions for future topics or guests.
Links for topics discussed in this episode:
* Pat Brown’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-brown-338b467
* Impossible Foods website: https://impossiblefoods.com/
* Impossible Foods Impact Report 2019 https://impossiblefoods.com/mission/2019impact/