In this episode I interview Kiran Bhatraju the Founder and CEO of Arcadia Power.
Arcadia Power connects customers to local community solar projects and purchases renewable energy certificates from wind farms on their behalf.
To date, Arcadia Power has 250,000 customers that have produced 680,000 megawatt hours of clean energy.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Arcadia Power is making it easy for customers to transition to clean energy.
- How Arcadia Power uses offsets and renewable energy certificates and the impact those have on energy markets and innovation by demonstrating demand.
- The pricing strategy and freemium model Arcadia Power is using to attract customers.
- Kiran’s fear about societies tendency to adapt to the “new normal” and the consequences of tendency.
- Why Kiran believes its important for policymakers to remember those most significantly impacted by the transition to clean energy.
I hope you enjoy the show!
You can find me on twitter @jjacobs22 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org, where I encourage you to share your feedback on episodes and provide suggestions for future guests or topics you'd like to see covered on the show.
Links for topics discussed in this episode:
Kiran Bhatraju’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kiran-bhatraju
Kiran Bhatraju’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/KiranRaju
Arcadia Power: https://www.arcadiapower.com
Solar Holler: https://www.solarholler.com/